Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanSolamen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Distribution Service not starting

Hi All,

Qlikview Distribution service was unable to start and is failing with following error:

"Windows could not start the Qlikview Distribution Service on Local Computer." Error 1067:The Process terminated unexpectedly."

Before this error , disk space was full and then cleared space and i tried to restart with no success.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Ryan

12 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I just wanted to clarify the folder the one user mentioned.  This was the Distribution Service Application Data folder, default location is: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService.

There is no harm in recreating this, just FYI, you will lose your task history etc., but if you rename the old folder, you can always add the archived folder to the Governance Dashboard etc. to pull that back in somewhere you can make use of it...

Hope this helps someone in the future.  Oh, the most likely issue was a corrupted xml file somewhere, trying to find the culprit is pretty difficult, not sure I have ever been able to do so, but renaming and recreating will generally get you out of the jamb.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
lcartes
Contributor II
Contributor II

hello

I have the same problem, i renamed the folder but then there was no model available on the qlkw server, what can i do?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Leopoldo, it would be best if you start a new thread, as we do not know if you actually have the same issue or not.  Will need further details from you as well, I really cannot offer much with what you provided currently.  I run a little behind on the posts, but I will get to things if nobody else answers for sure.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you, but I would be completely guessing at this point given I really am not certain of your situation.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.