Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashvi01
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview- Keeps crashing on opening

Hi ,

I have been having this issue whereby every time I open the application on my laptop, it just closes itself within a few seconds.

I have restart my laptop, uninstall and re- install Qlikview and nothing has change. My other colleagues can access and edit fine.

Has anyone experience same issue before ? can you help please?

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Ashvi01,

This is for QlikView Desktop, correct?  When you open QlikView and experience the issue, are you double-clicking on the .QVW file? Or, are you opening QlikView Desktop and then using File > Open menu to attempt to open the QVW?  If you're double-clicking on the .QVW file, how big on disk is the file and how much RAM does your computer have?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Ashvi01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky , it is Qlikview desktop. So I have been double clicking on the application. But I did try to opening the Qlikview Desktop and it is the same issue as well. 
I have an 8 gb RAM. 

Thank you 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Ashvi01,

To clarify, you can open the QlikView Desktop Client itself via Start Menu? But when you attempt to open the QVW, the application closes?  If this is the case, an 8GB QVW is fairly large and may be too big for your the amount of RAM for your laptop.  Suggest that you try opening a much smaller QVW to see if that works.

If you're not even able to open QlikView Desktop itself, what O/S are you running and what version of QlikView Desktop are you running?

Best Regards

Ashvi01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky , I cannot open QlikView Desktop Client from the start menu. As soon As I open it , it crashes.

My O/S is windows 10 and Qlikview version 12

Regards

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Ah, okay. Suggest that you start by reproducing the issue and then reviewing the Windows Event Viewer Application and System logs for errors/warnings that may provide more information on what's causing QV Desktop to crash.  You may also want to contact Qlik Support and open a case.  

Best Regards

marcus_sommer

What does you mean by "crashing" - QlikView is closed or terminated from the OS and it vanished from task-manager or it happens just nothing and then you kill the application manually? The last happens quite often within multi-monitor environments if any popup-window from QlikView is outside from the screen and is waiting for any interaction.

- Marcus

Ashvi01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @marcus_sommer , it is the first one-QlikView is closed or terminated from the OS and it vanished from task-manager.

Regards

marcus_sommer

Maybe the settings.ini is missing or corrupt or QlikView hasn't the appropriate access rights to it. Therefor go to:

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

and look if the settings.ini is there and if just rename it as backup and try it again. If they is missing try to create a new one  just with Settings7 as entry - I'm not sure how QlikView reacts by such an empty file but you will at least know if you has the rights to create a file there.

If this doesn't help I suggest to try a re-installation of QlikView.

- Marcus

Ashvi01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@marcus_sommer , I have tried all the above and still not working. I will contact Qlik support to see if they can help. But thank you for all your help

Regards