Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Login Bypass

Hi All, I am a newbie to Qlikview and have got a task to use Java or some other way to Bypass Qlikview Login page. Scenario: We have Qlikview installed in remote server, due to which it asks for System credentials first and once we are through with it it views Qlikview Login Page. Motto is to enter Home page and skip both these credential prompts (Server creds and Qlikview creds)

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Were you able to achieve this? I am looking for a similar functionality.

Please share the steps you took to achieve it.

TIA

Arjun Jain

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A basic rule of accessing published QlikView documents is that QlikView server needs to know who you are. For a large part (even without Section Access), access is determined by the fact that you have a QlikView license or not. How would you tell QlikView Server what your credentials are, without using a login page or a transparent technique like SSO?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The only solution I can think of that let's you gain access without ever supplying a username and password somewhere, is to install client certificates that uniquely identify the visitor. You'll need IIS as a web server for that, IIRC.

Also, such techniques may not work equally well on all platforms. Certificates are of no use on an iPad because it forces you to login.