Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview - Microsoft Office connection

Is there anybody who can help me with the connection between Qlikview and Microsoft Office.

I have already download the latest version of the OCX from the Qlikview download site.

My machine is an Windows 7 (64 bit) and I'm ussing Qlikview 10 SR 3 in combination wilt MS Office 2010 (32 bit)

The registration of the ocx files (64 bit) I have done with the regsvr32 from the Windows\System32 .

Also the registration of the ocx 32 bit files are done with the regsvr32 from the Windows\SysWow64.

The problem is that I can't drag and drop objects from Qlikview to MS Office...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Do yo have access to the QlikView Plugin installer? If so, install the QlikView Plugin instead the .OCX file in order to use QlikView objects in MS Office. You can try to add manually a new control (i.e: Excel, Insert, Object, QlikOCX Control, browse your file and set the object ID in the form "Document\CH01"). In any case, unregister the 64 bit OCX and use only the 32 bit if you are going to use MSOffice 32 bit version.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Do yo have access to the QlikView Plugin installer? If so, install the QlikView Plugin instead the .OCX file in order to use QlikView objects in MS Office. You can try to add manually a new control (i.e: Excel, Insert, Object, QlikOCX Control, browse your file and set the object ID in the form "Document\CH01"). In any case, unregister the 64 bit OCX and use only the 32 bit if you are going to use MSOffice 32 bit version.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Do you mean the IE Plug-in?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, the IE plugin, that is a client that uses the OCX as well.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel Angel Baeyens

I have facing this problem can you please help me

QlikOcx

macro parsed failed Functionality was lost

Export_To_Microsoft_word   ' macro  name

Error " the file could not be found

("C:\....\standard template.docx")    ' i am taking this template for inserting some Bitmap and Charts

this error Comes when I am login with access point and firing the macro.

but on the server it is working well the only problem id is coming when I am loggging with access point.

Thanks

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Miguel

how I can select the object from the document in qlikview server ?

Not applicable
Author

Hola Miguel

Cordial saludo, si interpreto bien tu respuesta la alternativa de instalar el IE Pluggin en Windows inferior a 8, no se podria tener un MS Office de 64 bits? Esto por que el IE Pluggin solo esta a 32 bits?

#MiguelAngelBaeyens