Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Not Rounding a value with .9999999

Hi All,

So I have seen a strange occurrence in Qlikview, Qlikview is refusing to round my values ending with a recurring number i.e 34.63999999. This specific value is calculated through a calculated-dimension field (Not sure if this has an impact  as to why it is not working)

I have tried the following functions on this dimension:

ROUND(value,0.01)

NUM(value, '#,##0.00')

CEIL(value, 0.1)

FLOOR(value, 0.1)

Each of the above rounds all my other values except those that end in a recurring decimal value. Is there something I am missing, or another rounding function that accommodates for this?

Thanks!

8 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Something like this

Aggr(ROUND(YourExpression),Dimension)

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

The below example gives me 34.64, what is your expected value?  Which version you are using?

=Round(34.63999999, 0.01)

Not applicable
Author

I have created a calculated dimension and used Round. It worked perfectly.

=Round(D1/D2,0.01)

Is it possible for you to upload your QVW with sample data.

Regards,

KKR

Not applicable
Author

So my calculated dimension looks like this:

=class(aggr(([Results_Difference]),[Results_Difference]),num(round(vIncrement, 0.01),'#,##0.00'),'x',num(round(vLowerLimit,0.01),'#,##0.00'))

And my result looks like this:

Questions_Rounding.PNG

The values ending with .65000001 is the recurring decimal values, the NUM should be limiting it to 2 decimal values, but it does not.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It seems to me as if you want to format the numbers rather than rounding them. Use

Num( Number, '#.00' )

instead.

Also, note that the internal binary representation cannot be rounded to exact decimal numbers. See Rounding Errors

HIC

marcus_sommer

Rounding of numbers has always technically limitations: Rounding Errors. As an alternatively you could try some way of cut the results with string-functions like:

left(YourAggr, index(YourAggr, '.') + 2)

also possible could be ways to split the number with floor() and frac() and multiply and/or format them and adds together again - maybe included in a dual().

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Henric. I solved the rounding problem by restarting Qlikview (not sure why this worked) and then I got the result in the picture posted, but the NUM is still as issue.

I tried using the expression '#.00' instead but it still gives me the same result.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi anekotze913,

Could you provide the sample application with the dummy data?