Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Not responding

Hi

I have a problem with my Qlikview program. Whenever I run my script in my application, Qlikview becomes unresponsive and I get the 'Not Responding' messages on my windows. I get this problem with all my QV documents.

I am currently running Qlikview 10 on Windows 7 Enterprise Edition on SR1.

Does anyone know the reason for this or how to rectify this problem?

Thanks

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I always get a not responding in the title bar of the script running, but my scripts always run even if I have the message. I would just ignore them unless your scipt isn't processing and then I don't know what to tell you.

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

Rajesh,

To find issues during running script go to document properties->General and enable Generate Logfile. This records your script executing process and could be helpful to find the problem. When running your script check your taskmanager and find the memory consumption. Generally qlikview's response can be effected with memory constraints.

Since you have with all your documents its better to go to QV10 SR3. I use this with windows 7 enterprise and didnt have any issue so far. However, you can check if there is an issue with script by running a simple inline load.

Regards,

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kiran

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to ask a question: If I have a QV Server that has SR1 and I upgrade to SR3 on my desktop version, what impact does that have on my QV development when switching between different service releases?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

There may not much effect but for the integrity of the document. But higher release of document and lower release of server will not effect much as they are different work products.

Regards,

Kiran.

suniljain
Master
Master

some times the behaviour of application may change  and I experienced that.

gs_hillmm
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also getting the 'Not Responding' message in the title bar when I save my .qvw. I'm using V11 SR1, with a server license.

The message disappears after a few seconds and I haven't experience any file corruption, but it makes me nervous.

My log files show no errors.

Not applicable
Author

Better to have a backup than to be sorry.

I always use the "Save before reload" and "Use Backup" (Last 3 Instances, you can have your own). There have been incidents where I lost my changes with the "not responding" message. I suggest you not to take a chance, this might increase the disk space as you have multiple versions but it is always better than to lose your work.

In my unterstanding, this message generally pops up as QV works extensively with the RAM in your system and if the amount of RAM is low then it might crash too.

The options mentioned earlier are under Settings> User Preferences > Save tab.

gs_hillmm
Contributor
Contributor

'Save before reload' and backing up the file are best practices, agreed.

I have about 4GB of memory available throughout the save operation, so that's an unlikely cause.

As I said above, it hasn't corrupted or crashed, but there should be a solution or explanation, especially when working with paid licenses.

Not applicable
Author

I agree with you, there should be an explanation or solution for this but, be assured that 4GB is not too much. I am running 12 Gigs and still I find the same issue.