- Server License

Is this right?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's more like QlikView Desktop client <-> QlikView Server editions.

You need the desktop client to develop QlikView applications (different with QlikSense, where you can develop on the server).

The desktop client can be operated without a license (i.e. local client license or a leased named CAL from a server), then it's running in personal edition mode, with some restrictions.

Next to local client license and named CAL, there are other license types available for accessing the server / access point.

Check with your partner or Qlik sales rep to get a quote for a setting that matches your requirement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's more like QlikView Desktop client <-> QlikView Server editions.

You need the desktop client to develop QlikView applications (different with QlikSense, where you can develop on the server).

The desktop client can be operated without a license (i.e. local client license or a leased named CAL from a server), then it's running in personal edition mode, with some restrictions.

Next to local client license and named CAL, there are other license types available for accessing the server / access point.

Check with your partner or Qlik sales rep to get a quote for a setting that matches your requirement.

Not applicable
Author

So, We can say this:

Qlikview -> Develop Qlikview Application in local machine and we can publish it in Access Point

Qlik Sense -> We can develop on Server

Is that correct?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes.

See also the Qlik.com site for product overview, whitepapers and videos.

And there are some threads about QlikSense vs. QlikView here in the forum, e.g.

Comparision of QlikView and QlikSense serever versions