Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haribabugv
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Pivot Chart with new dimension and expression

Hi

I am trying to add a new row label to my existing pivot chart in Qlikview but I am not able to add any row label.

The expression for that row label is also a formula which I have attached in excel sheet.

Can you fix this .qvw table with Row label and formula as per the Sample excel sheet (Tab Name:Pivot)

Thanks

Hari Babu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be like attached

Dimension

=Pick(Dim, [Data Type], 'New Row Label')

Date

Expression

Pick(Dim, Sum(Qty), Before(Sum({<[Data Type] = {'B', 'C'}>}Qty)) - Sum({<[Data Type] = {'A'}>}Qty))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like attached

Dimension

=Pick(Dim, [Data Type], 'New Row Label')

Date

Expression

Pick(Dim, Sum(Qty), Before(Sum({<[Data Type] = {'B', 'C'}>}Qty)) - Sum({<[Data Type] = {'A'}>}Qty))

Capture.PNG

haribabugv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Sunny,

Based on your solution, i was trying to build a package around Pick function. I am facing problem when I am trying to pull a chart with pick dimensions.

so can you please check the sample excel sheet and qlikview file and let me know the right way to approach the graph built in excel sheet ?

sunny_talwar

Try attached

haribabugv
Creator
Creator
Author

Your calculations are out of the box...

Thanks a lot

haribabugv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Sunny,

I have built a straight table based on the logic you provided above.

This Column Inventory Min Cover is a calculated expression in the straight table.

Can you help me out if I can refer this highlighted yellow cell in text box?

I wanted to show this  value (eg:22777) average of that column  in a text box

2.JPG

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share the file where you have this straight table?

haribabugv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Please find the attached sample file where there are two charts , one with complete table and the other chart only with average value of one single column.

Is there any other way to show the second chart (preferably in Text box etc) where i am having single cell (average value of particular column)?

sunny_talwar

I don't think I have a way to resolve this unless you are willing to do this in the script... But the problem with script will be that it will be a static value which won't change based on selections. I know kush141087‌ worked on a similar issue, may be he can share his expertise

haribabugv
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny.

Yes it should be dynamic.

Hoping that kush141087‌ can solve my issue...