Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview QMC tasks not running

Hi,

I am facing issues with the reload of QMC tasks. The tasks are not getting started. Even manual reload is not working.

I have tried all the possible solutions mentioned in different threads related to this problem :rebooting server, restarting services, etc. But nothing seems to work.

Its a bit critical and urgent for me.

Any help would be highly appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Br,Saloni

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Saloni,

Your Publisher scheduled tasks are not running and you are not able to manually start the tasks within the QMC? If yes, this sounds like a QlikView Management Service Chunk Size issue.

Suggest you try the below steps:

1. Stop QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) & QlikView Management Service (QMS) services
  2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to %Program Files%\QlikView\Management Service
  3. Open the QVManagementService.exe.config in a text editor with elevated permissions & Look for entry
    <!-- Message size for QMS workorder -->
    <add key="QMSChunkSize" value="100"/>
  4. Adjust the value to half of what is currently configured
  5. Look for entry
    <add key="MaxReceivedMessageSize" value="262144"/>
  6. Double the value to what is currently configured
  7. Save the QVManagementService.exe.config file
  8. Restart QDS & QMS services

Hope this helps

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

16 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Saloni,

Can you tell us what you are doing and what is exactly happening.

What version you are using and is all services running.

Did you check the services tab on QMC.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hey,

Did you maybe rename the folder which is set as root folder in QMC?

(System / Setup / QlikView Servers / Server_Name / Folders)

BR,

Kuba

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Saloni,

Your Publisher scheduled tasks are not running and you are not able to manually start the tasks within the QMC? If yes, this sounds like a QlikView Management Service Chunk Size issue.

Suggest you try the below steps:

1. Stop QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) & QlikView Management Service (QMS) services
  2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to %Program Files%\QlikView\Management Service
  3. Open the QVManagementService.exe.config in a text editor with elevated permissions & Look for entry
    <!-- Message size for QMS workorder -->
    <add key="QMSChunkSize" value="100"/>
  4. Adjust the value to half of what is currently configured
  5. Look for entry
    <add key="MaxReceivedMessageSize" value="262144"/>
  6. Double the value to what is currently configured
  7. Save the QVManagementService.exe.config file
  8. Restart QDS & QMS services

Hope this helps

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Not applicable
Author

Yes Kaushik.  All the services are up and running.

I am not able to identify the root cause, this issue has something to do with the chain reloads (triggered to start after previous task is finished). I tried to reload a task that has no dependencies on other tasks and it runs but gets hanged, the job is supposed to finish in 30secs but its still running.

I even tried to reboot the server,but with no results.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

No Jakub, Nothing was changed in QMC settings.

Regards,
Saloni

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Chip.

I don't have permissions to edit this. But I would suggest this workaround to my counterpart.

Regards,
Saloni

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Saloni,

Tell me the exact problem

•      Jobs are running and not completed?
  •      jobs are not running?
  •      Jobs are running but failed due to connection issue?
  •      This process happens for all jobs and for only one particular folder jobs?

Even after you reboot the server/restart the server ,if all jobs are failed means i have a small doubt

could you please check your License Expiration Date?

Normally QDS & QMS services restarted means jobs need to work/run.

and check the other things RAM utilization,Server UP time(Windows Task Manage->Performance->System block will show (4th one) UP Time in days and Minutes  if it is too high recommended to restart the machine )

Not applicable
Author

Stopping all the QlikView Services and starting them again may fixed this error.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rama Sai.

•     Jobs are running and not completed?-  Yes , the job is in running state (it ideally completes in 30secs) This job has no dependency/trigger
  •     jobs are not running?- The jobs with chain reloads (triggered to start after previous task is finished) are not running
  •      Jobs are running but failed due to connection issue?- No, the jobs are not getting started at all.
  •      This process happens for all jobs and for only one particular folder jobs? This is for all jobs.

RAM Utilization, performance is also good. No issues with this.

I also verified the license expiration, but couldn't find the time limit entry in LEF text. Is there any other way we can check this?