Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server name

Hi,

How to get the QV Server name i.e

for example my server name is abc001 and i need to get the server name in text object. Can anyone suggest me the solution.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Qlikview Server and Desktop is no where related, if you deploy the Qlikview file in Server and when you access the Dashboard in Accesspoint then you will get the Server name.

For example in your development machine if you ComputerName(), you will get your computer name.  If you deploy the Dashboard in QV server then you will get the QV server name by using ComputerName().

If you know the server name then you can hard code the value in the text box.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ComputerName( )

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill Markhan,

Thanks for your reply but it is not giving an server name instead it shows the user of the computer

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

ComputerName( )

will give you the name of the computer, if you want to cross check that then try like this

Right mouse click on My Computer icon -> Properties-> and refer Computer Name

OR

Control Panel -> System -> and refer Computer Name

The above name is displayed when you use ComputerName().

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

I want to know the Server name that is installed for Qlivkiew  not the computer name.

QV Server name installed i want to know that or how to get the QV Server name in text obtject

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Qlikview Server and Desktop is no where related, if you deploy the Qlikview file in Server and when you access the Dashboard in Accesspoint then you will get the Server name.

For example in your development machine if you ComputerName(), you will get your computer name.  If you deploy the Dashboard in QV server then you will get the QV server name by using ComputerName().

If you know the server name then you can hard code the value in the text box.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for responding me