Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Server

Dear All,

I have installed qlikview server...All the services are running fine but i am distribution service is not running...And i don't have publisher license...Is it necessary to have Publisher license to make distribution service work???

And even though i applied license it is not working...The Server license is a valid license???

For ur understanding PFA images....Kindly help me to solve this issue...And if possible pls explain me the process how to make it work again...

Regards,

Bharat

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

That may be expiry of your server license.I don't think you can get in to accesspoint at all(It should say server down)

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Praveena,

Thanks for your reply....In the access point i am getting the following issue..U can check in the attached image..But for the desktop i am able to lease the license and working the qvw's...

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This last thing is due to authentication - not because the AccessPoint itself is down

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The installation seems to have multiple issues. For one it seems like one or more of your services can't connect to each other. That has nothing to do with licensing. It is DNS / hostname / IP-address references that is not correct in your QMC-configuration.

sspe
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

The Distribution service should be able to run eventhough you don't have a Publisher license. Also, the Access Point error message indicates that something on your web server isn't running properly.

Have you checked the Event Viewer on the server to see if that tells you anything about what's wrong? I'd guess that this would give you some clues.

You should also make sure that you have followed the steps from the Install guide. If you are running on Win2012, then there are a number of roles that should be enabled and settings to be done.

You can google "install guide for IIS8" if you don't have it already.

Regards

Steen

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot Petter for your reply..

Can you please guide me how can i solve these issues. If possible can  you please attach a file which explain the process and send it to me..I mean the Do's and Don't's

Regards,

Bharat

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am sorry - but I need more information / screenshots to be able to give you good hints. It might be more than just a quick fix...

Anyways this you can check first:

It is important that you verify that gscblr-qlikview is a reachable computername. If the entire QlikView environment is one single computer then you should be able to replace gscblr-qlikview with localhost.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Peter...Let me try it..PFA Snapshots and let me know if you need anything more.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

sorry - but these screenshots are exactly the same as you have posted and it does not give more information than I already have...