Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom2qlik
Creator
Creator

Qlikview SharePoint Connector Variable

Hi All,

I've recently encountered an issue when loading an excel doc from SharePoint into Qlikview.  I'm using the Qlik Office 365 SharePoint connector which works fine except for this specific requirement.

I have a file which is replaced daily on SharePoint with a new file which has a date stamp at the end of the file name.  Before we moved to SharePoint 365 and used the connector, in Qlikview I placed a variable in the web address with today's date to find file. E.g.

http://sharepoint/site/Qlikview/filename$(vDateToday).xls

When converting the link to the connector address, I didn't manage to incorporate the variable into the new address, so my work around was to overwrite the yesterdays file with todays new file and keep the names exactly the same.

Unfortunately when rebuilding Qlikview however this also did not work.  Qlikview was trying to read yesterdays file as the connector link would not pick up todays file.

The only way I've been able to keep the same connector link over multiple days is to copy the new data, open up the excel and paste over yesterdays data which isn't really an optimal solution.

Has anyone had something similar to this previously and found a better solution?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Replies