Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amryazdani8
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Sort Freezes my reports

I have been using Qlikview for several years and have come across an issue that is preventing me from finishing my project. I have a report, straight table, with 13 columns and very basic with no complex formulas or such. I have been working on that report with no issues for the last 2 weeks but starting 3 days ago when I go to properties and click on "sort" the whole properties windows disappear and I hear a beep when I click on anything. Here is what I know so far:

- No, it is absolutely not a dual monitor issue. I have already ruled that out 100%

- It is not hidden behind other windows

- It is  not a graphic card issue since I can duplicate it in multiple machines

-I have 11 other reports and the properties/sort work fine for all but this

- I have duplicated this on 3 different computers with different Qlikview installations

- I can get t the sort if I switch to browser mode. I have checked and checked all sort options and they all look fine.

-The only way to get out is to kill the whole app 

-I am using version 12.10.20300000

I would appreciate any help. This is an odd one and I am hoping somehow someone else has had this issue. I have tried to remove and redo the dimensions but that did not help. I would have no choice but to switch to Tableau or PowerBI if I can't resolve this soon (280 users) 

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about stating the QlikView version? Is this happening on the latest or on some old version? I remember instances when this was an issue on some older versions (especially 12.0 and 12.1...) but I cannot dig out the exact version this was particularly frequent...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
amryazdani8
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, I just posted the version. It is 12.10.203000

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Looks like similar situation?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Bug-in-QlikView-12-10-SR2-Sort-tab/td-p/12552...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
marcus_sommer

I think you should consider to upgrade to a current release.

- Marcus