Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Speed

Hi Expert,

I want to check the Speed of qlikview.

How much row fetched from Sql database per minute? (Just we need to fetch the data and don't any calculated dimension,Not from qvd)

Regards,

Kabilan K.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Rows fetched from SQL database is purely depends on different criterias, number of columns in tables, query execution, if there are any where conditions the speed may differ, indexing, network speed, processor, memory etc.

But when you reload in log file you can get the start and end time and numbers of records fetched, based on this you can calculate the speed manually.

or can check this in script by getting the start and end time of execution of table and number of rows using NoOfRows('TableName')

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kabilan,

Please go to Settings -> User Preferences-> Enable the checbox:

Re-open script dialog after script execution. Once you load the data, it shows the rows fetched and the time consumed as well. Hope this helps.

Tima.png

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Rows fetched from SQL database is purely depends on different criterias, number of columns in tables, query execution, if there are any where conditions the speed may differ, indexing, network speed, processor, memory etc.

But when you reload in log file you can get the start and end time and numbers of records fetched, based on this you can calculate the speed manually.

or can check this in script by getting the start and end time of execution of table and number of rows using NoOfRows('TableName')

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jegan and Sai

Not applicable
Author

And I have a clarification.

If I have 100000 rows in a table.

And I load this table like full table and half table using where condition.

Which one loading time is to be high?

Regards,

Kabilan K.

Not applicable
Author

And If we have a index in table then is it affect the speed of query in qlikview?

Regards,

Kabilan K.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

The load speed would little bit vary when using normal query and query with where condition.  Without where condition would be faster and if there is index on where condition field it may match.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

So, If we using the indexing field in where condition in qlikview script then it would be fast.

If I am wrong correct me..

Regards,

Kabilan K.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Yes, if you are using indexed field in where condition it would be faster than the normal unindexed field.

Regards,

Jagan.