Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evanfritts
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Vertically Compressing (Squishing) Stacked Bar Chart

Hello all,

I am trying to make a stacked bar chart to display certain line item costs that stack to reach a total cost for each department where I work. Qlikview is displaying the information correctly in a stacked bar chart, however, it seems there is ample space on the chart area to display the information, but the bars are scrunched together and even the numbers on the scale (y-axis) are overlapping slightly. 

I am wondering why qlikview is scrunching up my graph and how I can fix this.Qlikview Scrunch.PNG

4 Replies
awaisqureshi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Evan,

Have you tried unchecking the 'Synchronize Zero Level for Expression-Axis' from the axis tab in the chart properties?
evanfritts
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I just tried this and there is no visible change whatsoever, but thank you for the potential fix

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Only thing that comes to mind on this one is Static Step being set, see attached screenshot.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
NickBentley
Contributor III
Contributor III

I also had trouble with this on a number of bar charts. 

I found unclicking the option 'Allow Thin Bars' solved my formatting issues. 

NickBentley_0-1635978239817.png