Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

Qlikview WebView setting for firefox

Dear all,

When we see Qlikview web view  then qlikview shows by default in IE  is there any setting to set  when I press in web view

my browser should show web view in fire fox  browser ?

Vikas

DSC_0373.jpg - Google Drive

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Short answer: No there isn't. IE is embedded into QlikView Desktop in such a way that you can't really replace it with other browsers - not with "settings" at least and AFAIK you will have to do serious hacking to be able to achieve it.

On a technical note:

I am very sure that the QlikView Desktop code is using the .NET System.Windows.Forms WebBrowser class to use IE as an embedded browser in the application. If I am right you will have to more or less hack the .NET Framework on your computer to trick the QlikView Desktop to replace the IE "connection". And I can't see how a different browser will be able to really respond to the same methods and interfaces that IE does....

View solution in original post

1 Reply
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Short answer: No there isn't. IE is embedded into QlikView Desktop in such a way that you can't really replace it with other browsers - not with "settings" at least and AFAIK you will have to do serious hacking to be able to achieve it.

On a technical note:

I am very sure that the QlikView Desktop code is using the .NET System.Windows.Forms WebBrowser class to use IE as an embedded browser in the application. If I am right you will have to more or less hack the .NET Framework on your computer to trick the QlikView Desktop to replace the IE "connection". And I can't see how a different browser will be able to really respond to the same methods and interfaces that IE does....