Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview and Dynamic Ram on Win Srv 2012

Hi,

i'm new to Qlikview, having just bought the product (I'm still trying to install the server edition) but I have a question regarding RAM and more accuratley how Qlikview uses ram.

We use 2012 Hyper-V servers using Dynamic Ram, so the server can gain more memory as and when it needs it.  This is great on application severs but doesn't work within things like SQL (which needs to have the RAM there in the first place).

My Network Administrators want to assign the Qlikview server with Dynamic RAM, 2 gig by defualt growing up to 32gig.  I want to give it 32gig to start, as I feel it will run like SQL and use available memory rather than requesting it.

I am looking to access arounf 28gig of database files, so my hope is to load the whole lot into RAM to have Qlikview process it.

What are the specifications for how Qlikview uses RAM (will it ask for more or does it use what is there)?  Does anyone have Qlikview running on a 2012 Virtual Server with Dynamic Ram, and id so how does it perform and how much RAM do you have,

I can't find any information on this in the forum or help files

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dynamic ram is not something that is recommended as we have seen performance decrease when used

In basic, QlikView uses as much RAM as needed and then release.

Please see following thread.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2362

Not applicable
Author

Thank you