Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview and Google Maps slightly unaligned

I was toying around again with the Google Maps in Qlikview for QV9 and there are some "errors" in the placement of the dots in a full scale map.

Let's say I'm looking at New York, London and Tokyo in the same map.
It's most likely that Tokyo will go in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, while New York is moving towards Chicago (LOL) and London goes in the middle of the North Sea.

Has anybody tried to fix the positioning of the dots in a worldwide map?

P.S.: as far as I can tell the unalignment is present (even though not very noticeable) when zooming.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I found that this problems would happen to me when changing the params map size (X and Y) on the googlemaps part of the example.

Try setting the params to this:

map_size_x= '640';
map_size_y= '640';

If you use Google´s web service in a browser you´ll see it responds with a 640X640 jpg.

Cheers,

Adriano

Not applicable
Author

I did not change the X,Y sizes of the map (it was 400x400 as default), I'll give it a try now

thanks!

Not applicable
Author

it doesn't seem to work it out...

Not applicable
Author

It seems to me that your map is not set as the background of the object. I had this problem when using one of the examples. After setting it as background and setting the right size for the calculus, it worked well.