Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview desktop upgradation

Hi All,

Currently i am using QV 11 SR1 64bit and i want to upgrade it to QV 11.2 SR 11.

Please  provide me steps to upgrade.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just download and start the installer (select the correct package from 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows 7 or lower, Windows 8 and up for the recent OS's) It will find an existing release and offer you to upgrade to the new version. All settings and licenses will be retained.

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

My recommendation is that you go to the download site and read the release notes to get an overview of what the new Service Release contains. Before doing upgrade, make sure to take backups of your settings and content so that you can revert back to previous installation if something goes wrong.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just download and start the installer (select the correct package from 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows 7 or lower, Windows 8 and up for the recent OS's) It will find an existing release and offer you to upgrade to the new version. All settings and licenses will be retained.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Will it Override the older version wiith current version ??

Colin-Albert

Yes upgrading will override the current version, you cannot run multiple versions of QlikView desktop on the same machine.

You can run QlikView and QlikSense together.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yup, it will overwrite [upgrade] the old version with the new version, as Peter said earlier.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank You all for your valuable time