Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview document consistently 'Not responding'

Hello everyone! First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my message and potentially try to help me figure out this problem.

I have a rather heavy, data-clunky spreadsheet (I think ..I've been told it's a lot), and so a lot of time, when I try to do something, it constantly turns a white shade and says it's not responding.  Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did they get around it? I really love the features of Qlikview, but this is just getting annoying.

Thank you again for all your help and time!

Best,

5 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

This could be so many different things...

Lack of resources (CPU RAM)

Poor calculations

Poor Data model

and so on

You'll have to give us a lot more context or an example dashboard to assist you with this

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

What are your system specs? Is the OS 32-bit or 64-bit? How much RAM installed? How many rows of data on spreadsheet?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam, Thanks so much for your help! How would I know if I have poor calculations or a poor data model?  The file size is around 160MG - would that be too big?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's around 2 million rows ... not sure on the other parts, but do you think a file size 160MB is too big?

It also kept freezing when I would create a certain chart that had a calculated dimension for time - do you think that would cause too much stress on the system? Thanks!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

160mb is really nothing to Qlik as long as your machine can handle it. As a rough approximation it would only need around 1.5gb of ram to open a qvd of that size but you can check and see how much the qlikview process is using.

A way to check if you do have poor calculations or a poor data model is to try and find which objects are the slowest and work back from there.

To check object calculation times (it is a rough guide) right click on a sheet, choose sheet properties, then go to the objects tab and sort by calculation time. Then look and see what that object is doing and take it from there really.

There are a lot of variables here though so we can only advise as best we can but we will do our best