Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview for Linux/Unix or Mac OS

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows or has any idea if Qlickview will be running in any of Unix/Linux or Mac OS sometimes soon? Qlickview is such a great tool and would be great if we can run it in any of these OS. I do all my work through my Mac laptop, in order to have Qlikview I had to setup virtual machine to install Windows and then Qlikview which was kind of pain.

Any idea????

8 Replies
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qlikview is only available on windows. You need a virtualization software to run windows on MAC or Linux.

Not applicable
Author

Yes that is how I use it now, but I was thinking if there will be a new release sometime soon of Qlikview on Mac OS especially since the app available on iPhone.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Faranak Manjili wrote:
Yes that is how I use it now, but I was thinking if there will be a new release sometime soon of Qlikview on Mac OS especially since the app available on iPhone. <div></div>

Take into account that since QlikView works with AJAX, Java and some other platforms, it virtually should run from almost every browser you have. I'm working with virtualized QlikView in Mac OS X and still no problems with version 9 SR4 and SR5

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I think he's asking for Qlikview developer software, not just viewing capabilities.

I would also prefer this. I currently remote desktop to a windows server VM from my MacBook Pro myself.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any clue if is going to be available for Mac OS X?

Not applicable
Author

My team and I would like a Mac OS X QlikView Personal Edition to develop our dashboards.  It sucks to have to log into a remote windows server or use a VM to develop dashboards.

Not applicable
Author

This is a me too request for a QlikView app for OS X.  Running it a VM sucks.

Not applicable
Author

I too strongly support this request. Not even the latest QV 12 is developed for OSX...