Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Semiro
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview freezes when try to change color

Hi,

I have a problem and it started a few weeks ago.

When I try to change color in Qlikview (doesn´t matter where - just need do klick the "color icon" button/background) Qliview freezes. I have also updated to a new version today, but the problem remains.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Quite probably opens the color-window on the outside from your screen (it's not seldom within a multi-monitor usage). Just take a look there or use the OS settings to force all windows on your main-monitor. As an alternatively you may manipulate your settings.ini in which the windows-positions from all possible popup-windows are stored (this file remained by a normal installation and therefore nothing changed through your update).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Semiro,

1. As you said you updated the version ,which version you have earlier and which version you have present?
  2. is your QV Software edition is License version or Personal Edition
  3. any way if possible try to remove the entire QV software from your machine and try to create a new version one more time

some more freezing issues which our folks faced earlier go through those links also 1 time 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Reloading-is-hanging/m-p/874532

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/QlikView-Freezes-when-edit-script/m-p/328454

Hopefully it will gives the solution for your issue.

marcus_sommer

Quite probably opens the color-window on the outside from your screen (it's not seldom within a multi-monitor usage). Just take a look there or use the OS settings to force all windows on your main-monitor. As an alternatively you may manipulate your settings.ini in which the windows-positions from all possible popup-windows are stored (this file remained by a normal installation and therefore nothing changed through your update).

- Marcus

Semiro
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yeah, it was outside the window... at the edge of it. It was difficult to see it. 

Cheers!

//Semiro