Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview incorrect relationship..Please help

Hello,

I have the attached data model in Qlikview. I am new to Qlikview. Can someone have a look at it and tell me how can i possible remove the wrong relationship.

the internal table viewer shows the below picture

error loading image

The original relationship is given below

error loading image

I dont want the link that i have crossed in the red line. I only want the relation that i have marked in red with straight line. The relationship with upper two tables seem okay so i dont want to disturb those. Can someone suggest how can i do this

Thanks in advance

Arif

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hello

Just rename DBname in v_qv_table_site, s_qv_tgt_tbl_lkp.

Not applicable
Author

But that will break the relationship between the upper two tables which are also connected by dbname??

Arif

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

QlikView will link fields using their names, so if wou want to change relations you just have to rename or to drop them. In your case you can skip the DBname field from the Database_Size table to avoid the unwanted relation. Another point is that you have relations on two fields, qv will then do a synthetic key, bu you can manage this stuff by yourself by manually creating another table and using something like the autonumber function.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

rename the field name in which table u dnt want the link

Not applicable
Author

Hello i think u should try this.

make key field contains all 3 connected fields in database_size, table_size.

then rename dbname in table_size, tgt_tbl_lkp

Not applicable
Author

Hii,

Rename the fields in which u need a link and also use the "apply map" function as your one table contain only 2 fields.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can you elaborate it a bit more (make key field contains all 3 connected fields in database_size, table_size.). How do we manually change the key fields using script? I am sorry if i sound a bit lame because i am totally new to Qlikview

Arif

Muncho wrote:
Hello i think u should try this.
make key field contains all 3 connected fields in database_size, table_size.
then rename dbname in table_size, tgt_tbl_lkp<div></div>

Not applicable
Author

well im also new in qv ^^.
But u can try this.
first u need rename connected fields in table_size this will break connection. then in database_size make key like this:

run_date&dbname&monthname as key

also do this renamed fields in table_size . and it will connect key fields.
then rename dbname in table_size and tgt_btl_lkp.

Just try this maybe it will help you. maybe not [:)