cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview model keeps crashing

Hi all

I have a Qlikview model which I have created. it is 500MB big. The model consists of 3 tables. Table one = 500k rows (13 variables)

Table two = 82 million rows (14 variables), Table 3 = 10 million rows (5 variables ).

All of the tables are QVD's stored on the client computer.

The tables take 40 seconds to load. The model has 2 tabs. The first tab has 5 graphs with 4 filters available.

Now when I try to create table graphs on the second tab Qlikview crashed all the time.

I have more than enough RAM (64GB) with Qlikview opened there's on average there's only 6GB in use and 10% CPU usage.

The model has no synthetic keys.

I am Qlikview 12 and I'm opening the file in server.

What would I need to check or change to prevent Qlikview from crashing every time I try working on this report?

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the expression is SUM(Sales)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please attached the file I am using. I have uploaded it without the data.

The expression I am creating is a simple SUM(SALES) expression.

On tap 2 there is already a chart that I have created which does a calculation using data from the two tables SUM(SALES)/SUM(LEADS), I was able to create the first chart graph, it is only when I'm trying to create the second graph that the application crashed.

Regards

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Will look into it.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I dont see any data model nor data in your attached file. Can you re-upload. ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if i load the data the file will be 1GB and the data is sensitive so i cannot share it. Is there a way around this?

Or
MVP
MVP

Just a quick question here - can you try and reproduce the problem with a more recent version of QlikView? You seem to be using a relatively old version (11.2 SR15) whereas the most recent version of 11.2 is SR17 and the most recent version of QlikView is 12.2 SR6. I doubt it'd help, but it might be a good idea to try the most recent version just to make sure the problem isn't caused by a bug that's been resolved.

Insofar as testing the issue - try reducing the dataset (only loading the top N rows, or making selections and then reducing data to possible values). That should help you debug.

marcus_sommer

I could imagine that your key between your tables isn't really suitable. You said the key represents the customer but if you want for example to use any date/product dimensions or something similar within your objects the customer-key won't connect the dimensions respectively granularity properly. Beside wrong results it might lead to the creation of large cartesian tables - behind each calculation is a temporary table on which the calculation is performed - which might cause your problem.

To get further you could reduce the number of records (maybe within the debugger or with some FIRST prefixes for the loadings) and/or applying some selections within your application before creating/changing your objects. Both measure will reduce the used dataset for all the background-calculations and should minimize the risk of a crash and you could check if your data and logic returned the expected results.

- Marcus