Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunalpatil119
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview not accessible or session out issue

Qlikview not accessible or session out issue 

We are frequently getting high server utilization. Number of users accessing multiple documents at a time via different sessions. They open multiple sessions and utilize. Can we add any restrictions at QMC level so that user can at a time login only with one session. Hence Login with multiple sessions at a time can be avoided.

Suggestions regarding making restrictions at QMC or any other level is most welcome. Please provide reply asap

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is no functionality of which I am aware to restrict users from opening the same application multiple times, that would be something you would have to code in your frontend somehow.  One thing you can do is set the Maximum Inactive Timeout setting in the QVS Performance tab properties to a lower value to have sessions they are inactive in be killed sooner versus later, and if those apps are user specific too, you could use the Document Timeout setting in the Documents tab settings of QVS resource to drop that down too to unload those apps from memory more quickly freeing up resources.  Educating the users is the only other option, but if they are logging in as the same user into the same application, the resource usage should not be increased by that much, as the session space required is very minimal compared to the application needs.  If the users are complaining about reconnect messages etc., that is going to be by design if they are opening from different web browsers, they need to use tabs in the same browser in those cases, but there is a catch there too, in that whatever they have set in the latest tab will set to the other tab as soon as they click within that other tab, and that too is by design.  If you can be a bit more specific on what it is you are really trying to do/avoid, I may be able to come up with something else, but best I have for the moment.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is no functionality of which I am aware to restrict users from opening the same application multiple times, that would be something you would have to code in your frontend somehow.  One thing you can do is set the Maximum Inactive Timeout setting in the QVS Performance tab properties to a lower value to have sessions they are inactive in be killed sooner versus later, and if those apps are user specific too, you could use the Document Timeout setting in the Documents tab settings of QVS resource to drop that down too to unload those apps from memory more quickly freeing up resources.  Educating the users is the only other option, but if they are logging in as the same user into the same application, the resource usage should not be increased by that much, as the session space required is very minimal compared to the application needs.  If the users are complaining about reconnect messages etc., that is going to be by design if they are opening from different web browsers, they need to use tabs in the same browser in those cases, but there is a catch there too, in that whatever they have set in the latest tab will set to the other tab as soon as they click within that other tab, and that too is by design.  If you can be a bit more specific on what it is you are really trying to do/avoid, I may be able to come up with something else, but best I have for the moment.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
kunalpatil119
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the information. .this will be of great help.  For sure we will check the same

kunalpatil119
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Could you please help in below topic?

Currently -> 1 Document can be opened on multiple sessions for same user(Single User)

Can we achieve--> 1 Document can be opened Only on one session for same user. Is this possible?

Current scenario is that user is logged in with his credentials. He opens one dashboard and verifies one tab and again on another session he opens same dashboard and verifies another tab.

So can we restrict user in below way:

suppose user logged in and checking one Dashboard/Document . At the same time suppose he opens other session an opens same Dashboard/Document ,then it should not happen, or message such as Document/Dashboard already opened should get displayed? Is this possible?

suppose user logged in and checking one Dashboard/Document . At the same time suppose he opens other session an opens Different Dashboard/Document ,then it should happen

In Short :

Single user One session one document --> Allow

Single user more than one session one document --> Not Allow.

Single user more than one session different documents --> Allow.

kunalpatil119
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Kindly help:

What is the meaning of below points in System --> QlikView Servers --> Documents tab

Allow Session Collaboration

Allow Session Recovery

What is the meaning and benefits of check and uncheck?

====================

In User Documents --> Performance -->Document Control

Always on All Nodes and Customize options present. What is the meaning and benefits of check and uncheck?

one checkbox with Preload . What is the meaning and benefits of check and uncheck?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please be sure you are reviewing Help content:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_QlikVi...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_UserDocum...

If you have further questions after reading the Help, please leave a new comment.

Regards,
Brett