cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkuckyt
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview not apps cannot create,edit or reload

I am updating my qlikview server to Windows 2016 and the qlikview software to 2018.

I have installed the server software, moved all my apps to the new server and all the services are running.

Do I need to install the Workbench or the Desktop on the server in order to create/edit/reload the apps.

5 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

create and edit you need Qlikview desktop. but do not develop new apps on the server.
reload can be done from the QMC
rkuckyt
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I installed the Desktop program .  When I attempt to open an existing applications I get a warning screen saying :

This Qlikview document was created by another Qlikview Personal Edition user, you may only open files that you created yourself.. Do you want to continue and recover the file?

When I attempt to reload the app using QMC the busy wheel spins but it always fails.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Qlikview desktop needs a license.

I am not sure what the error while reloading is. It can be a number of issues to do with configuration.

Josh_Berg_Support

In order to open QVWs created by other users in Qlikview Desktop, you will either need to lease a license or apply a dedicated Qlikview Desktop license.  What error are you seeing when you try to run a reload?  Do you have a document log you can provide?  What version of Qlikview Desktop and Qlikview Server are you running?  When you said you upgraded Qlikview Server to "2018" I'm assuming you meant the November 2018 release, but would like to verify.

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is an article link regarding how to lease a license using a Named CAL from your QVServer:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002480

Regarding the failed reload, be sure you configured any database DSNs on the new server etc. as well, this is commonly forgotten item when moving servers, you will have to install any database clients first for the drivers, and then you can recreate the DSNs etc.  Only thing that makes senese, would some screenshot etc. otherwise to provide further help.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.