cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreminnaar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview plugin April2019 sr1 compatibility issues with Windows 7

Is there any know issues with the April2019 sr1 plugin compatibility with windows 7.

Ever since we upgraded out plugins to April2019 sr1, we got the problem that some of our applications opens up but as soon as its open it freezes IE completely. This is not happening on Windows 10 machines (That I was able to test).

For me to take any action I need to do my research but could not find anything that pointed to Windows 7 being the problem.

We tried restarting the services but nothing is working.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andreminnaar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Upgrading to Windows 10 seem to have work.

A solution for the people that could not be upgraded immediately was to put on selections to make the initial amount of data smaller when opening an application and then clearing the selection on first action after the application is open.

Hope helps someone that is struggling with the same problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

According to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q... Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 are supported, so I suggest you raise a ticket with Qlik Support and provide as much information (logs, setup, license number, etc.) so they can start analyzing as soon as possible.

andreminnaar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Upgrading to Windows 10 seem to have work.

A solution for the people that could not be upgraded immediately was to put on selections to make the initial amount of data smaller when opening an application and then clearing the selection on first action after the application is open.

Hope helps someone that is struggling with the same problem.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just adding a comment to this one regarding Windows 7 support, since Microsoft ended support in January 2020, we no longer support Windows 7 either regardless of what the System Requirements now show on releases, as once the vendor no longer provides support for a particular Windows release, we can no longer provide support either, just wanted to provide further clarification on that point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.