Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharath28
Creator
Creator

Qlikview server inst issue

Hi,

Our Admin team has setup a virtual system running on Windows Server 2008 R2 to install Qlikview server. I started installing the Qlikview server and I got stuck at the point where it asks for login details ie DOMAIN\username and password.
Our admin team says the domain name will the main computer name on which all the virual systems are present, but qlikview is identifying only this Virtual system name as Domain name.

When I ask them to create a admin user for this Virtual system, they say company policy doesnt allow and this will cause issues to connect to sql server etc in future.

Could you please guide me where I am going wrong?

Regards,
Bharath

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You cannot use the machine name of the server hosting the virtual instances, as this is "another machine" albeit a real one. Inside a virtual machine, you can only use the virtual machine name, or - and this is better - an AD domain name (together with a real service account).

You don't need an admin account (that policy is common in enterprise environments), only a domain service account (regular user without expiring password - service start privilige will be assigned automatically) or a virtual machine local admin account which you can probably create yourself.

Will this be a permanent or a temporary set-up? QlikView Server performance is not optimal in virtual machines.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You cannot use the machine name of the server hosting the virtual instances, as this is "another machine" albeit a real one. Inside a virtual machine, you can only use the virtual machine name, or - and this is better - an AD domain name (together with a real service account).

You don't need an admin account (that policy is common in enterprise environments), only a domain service account (regular user without expiring password - service start privilige will be assigned automatically) or a virtual machine local admin account which you can probably create yourself.

Will this be a permanent or a temporary set-up? QlikView Server performance is not optimal in virtual machines.

bharath28
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your inputs. I have resolved the issue with the help of admin.

While installing qv server, I have enabled the checkbox 'I want to specify the account to be used for the services later' and installed the qv server.

After installation, we have added a user(ie  company domainname\serviceusername  and password) to the Qlikview Administrator group and then added that user to all the qv services. Then restarted the host computer.

This finally resolved the issue and we could set the license.

Regards,

Bharath