Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview table

Hi all, I wonder if you ever wanted to create a table, where you want to define the row name(instead of using dimension), and the value for it. For example: in the following table I have 3 columns, 1st column is the row name, 2nd column is 1st value of that row, 3rd column is 2nd value of that row. 

The row name need to be labeled arbitrarily, not by selected dimensions. It's basically like an excel table where you are put in row name and calculated values.

Does qlikview offer any tables like this?

Row nameValue1Value2
Booked FY14 Tour29782978
Conv. Rate of FY14 Tours3.64%3.64%
Booked FY15 Tour890890
Conv. Rate of FY15 Tours1.09%1.09%
Booked Y16 Tour3737
Conv. Rate of FY16 Tours0.05%0.05%

thanks very much for the help!!!!

Xuan

2 Replies
Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hi,

Can you check the "crosstable" in QlikView reference manual?

Does the definition of crosstable answer to your question?

See attached sample

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sort of a Metrics table, where every row may have a different formula? Cannot be done in a simple generic way. You could construct a huge IF statement that selects specific formulas for specific dimension values, but I guess that's not really what you want (difficult to expand or maybe formulas should be configurable by way of an external listing)...

Quite a lot of community members (including myself) hit the wall a couple of  times trying to create a very useful feature like this. It seems that QlikView's associative technology does not allow this kind of construct.