Author

Hi,

you will find in this paper an exemple of

qlikview reports in sharepoint without using Qlikview webparts

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You do need the additional licence key to get a QlikView application or any object displayed through SharePoint.  The only think I've been able to do without the licence is to add a link to Access Point and from there show different applications.

As long as you have the licence I don't think you have to use the QlikView web parts supplied ... I assume they just make it easier!

Cheers,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You do need the additional licence key to get a QlikView application or any object displayed through SharePoint.  The only think I've been able to do without the licence is to add a link to Access Point and from there show different applications.

As long as you have the licence I don't think you have to use the QlikView web parts supplied ... I assume they just make it easier!

Cheers,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajitha,

You can use SharePoint url to link to a QlikView document which will render the QlikView document within a frame running in SharePoint.

Webparts( purchasable qv product) links SharePoint to specfic QlikView objects like list boxes and charts allowing you to pick and chose the components you wish to interact with, providing the objects are linked in the data model you will receive the same green white and grey data associations rendered in SharePoint.

As some body said in an earlier thread, our WebParts components make like easier and quicker.

In either case anyone consuming/connecting to QV will require a QV license of some description.

Hope this helps and answers you question?

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajitha,

From my understanding you can't link a QlikVIew document to SharePoint without the QlikView Webparts licence as well as the usual CAL.  Are you suggesting that you can?

If so, please can you put a bit more detail about how you can do this as I have do far failed!

Many thanks,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

Hi Emma,

I'll check when I'm back in the office.

As far as I know, you can grab the URL for a soecific QV Doc from AccessPoint and past this into the SharePoint URL webpart (non QV) and it works without QV webparts.

It worked on SP 2007 and SP2010, assuming you have QV and SharePoint correctly configured, ie no authentication issues.

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

I found your response very usful for a project I'm working. Could you provide instructions of how to use SharePoint URL to link to a Qlikview document which will all user to navigate Qlikview document within a frame running in SharePoint?

Many thanks,

Jasmine

Not applicable
Author

You can use the' INSERT' -> 'Embedded Code' option from a SharePoint page to paste the entire URL for the Qlick web page into an iframe placed in the web part.

E.g.

<iframe src=https://..site.../opendoc.htm?document=..doc-url..." height="500px" width="100%"></iframe>

This will just show the entire page in the frame.