Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Queries on functionality of 'Reports' within Qlikview

I'm new to Qlikview and have some questions on the functionality on the 'Reports' > 'Edit Reports'

1/ Is it possible to import or copy\paste an image\graph from another application into the Report? I have found that text can be copied in from other applications (into text box) but can't work out if it's possible with images. There are built in images like smiley faces and arrows, would it be possible to have other images added to this to be selected?

The other alternative is it possible to copy\paste or import an image into the Qlikview application window itself? Then copy\paste as I can into the report with Graphs created with Qlikview.

What I'm trying to achieve is a customer monthly service report (PDF copy) where most of printed output would be taken directly from Qlikview window and copy\paste into Report with some added text (changed each month) and an odd graph from external application.

2/ How do I add PDF reporting as an option within printing of report?

Many thanks

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can not insert the image into Item -> New Image?

Rebeca

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rebeca, I'ts actually selecting the 'change' button which then gives access to file system to select .jpg or whatever. This is good, its starting to come together, just need to find out how to add a PDF print option and will be sorted

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rebeca, I'ts actually selecting the 'change' button which then gives access to file system to select .jpg or whatever. This is good, its starting to come together, just need to find out how to add a PDF print option and will be sorted

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

The second part I did not understand. If you position the cursor below the screen when the report appears on the screen, you now have the option to save. What exactly do you do?

Rebeca

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I'm confused? In the Report Editor I don't get an option to save, just print. The print option allows a print to a PDF document instead of a printer. I just need to know how to add this in as an option.

Just to clarify I'm using the Report creator part - 'Reports' > 'Edit Reports''Reports' > 'Edit Reports' from top menu. This is Qlikview ver 10.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Via Internet browser has this option appears. You just use the Desktop version?

Not applicable
Author

at the moment yes this is the desktop version, free try download.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you distribute documents by the browser will not need for it to print reports in pdf. In the desktop version do not know way to do this. You can do this with Macro.

Rebeca