Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Customer & Partners, DEC. 9, 11 AM ET: Qlik Product & Strategy Roadmap Session: Data Analytics REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepakk
Partner
Partner

Query related to Personal Edition

Hi All,

I had a small query related to QV Personal Edition.

If I have developed an application in Personal Edition and my system Crashes out what all things I should consider for reinstalling the system so that i can use the same application again.

Deepak

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Deepak,

The Personal edition capture "Computer / System Name" & User Name as the author of the application. As long as you reinstall with the same system name and user name, you can able to retrieve it back. Otherwise open the file in the new system environment and reload the application then it becomes your's.

Regards

Rajesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Deepak,

The Personal edition capture "Computer / System Name" & User Name as the author of the application. As long as you reinstall with the same system name and user name, you can able to retrieve it back. Otherwise open the file in the new system environment and reload the application then it becomes your's.

Regards

Rajesh

View solution in original post

deepakk
Partner
Partner
Author

HI Rajesh,

Thanks for the quick response. I will make sure that system name and user name are same but if its not same it will allow me to open it 5 times... right ???

Not applicable

Yes.

Not applicable

Hi Deepak,

If i`m not wrong, it will accept 4 recoveries. For further clarification have a look at the below thread.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/17603/68850.aspx

- Sridhar