Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about Gauges

Hey all,

I just have quick question on the gauge object. I have a list of items associated with the gauge, and it works correctly when only one of those items, in that list, is selected. When two or more (or none at all) are selected, the dial shows the first (or last if I choose the option from the sort menu) item value in that list. I want it to show the average of all the items' values, not just one. Is this possible? If this is not possible, is there a way to not display the needle at all when no item is selected? Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nilo_pontes
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Aakash,

Gauge objects doesn't need dimensions.

Just remove it from your chart and you will get the right value.

Regards.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Could you share a sample qvw?  What kind of expression are you using?

Not applicable
Author

So the data I am using to power the guage is in two parts. If this were a bar chart, the first part would be the x-axis value and the second part would be the y-axis value. The first part is the name of an object, and the second part is the value describing that object.

For the gauge, I have the first part (x-axis) as the only dimension, under the dimension tab. The second part (y-axis) is listed as an expression, under the expression tab, with the expression looking like: =avg(value).

I do not have a example document to share, but I would gladly make one, if my above description does not clear things up.

Side Note: If I check the box on the General Tab "Show Title In Chart" and I do not select a title, it shows the correct value that I am looking for, which is the average of the values. When an item is selected, it shows what the gauge shows, which is the correct value for that object.

nilo_pontes
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Askash,

You are probably missing something on your formula.

It is possible to do both things you have asked.

The first one, aggregating in the right way and the second utilizing systems functions like 'GetCurrentSelections'.

Please, share a sample like Robert said.

Regards,

Nilo

Not applicable
Author

yeah sharing a qvw would definitely clear things up a lot more than that haha

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I have made a sample Qlikview Document here. I want the gauge to show the average of all the objects listed when nothing is selected, or two or more are selected. Instead it defaults to the first object (that is selected, if any).

nilo_pontes
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Aakash,

Gauge objects doesn't need dimensions.

Just remove it from your chart and you will get the right value.

Regards.