Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

Question about using Aggr with Combo chart

datagrrl_0-1602873112713.png

I am trying to create this combo chart. For the symbols I would like them to line up with the correct year.

I am using an aggr expression for the symbol.

aggr({<[Case Owner] = {"=Rank(sum(%CaseId))<=50"}>}count(%CaseId),Year,Priority)

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@datagrrl  what is the expected output with number?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Only thing I have to add is the following Design Blog that might help a little:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Set-Analysis-in-the-Aggr-function/ba-p/1463822

I am with Kush though, not exactly sure to what you are referring, so maybe pointing out exactly the piece you need help with via some arrows or something would help, as I am not quite sure myself.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think the problem goes back to you can't have two dimensions and two measures in a combo chart.

edwin
Master II
Master II

You can have multiple dimensions and multiple measures.  attached is a view of your chart with years stacked instead

Capture.PNG

but for your specific case, you need to be clear what you want.  also, you do have a year that is null - this is due to the synthetic keys in you data model.

Capture.PNG

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is data from a sample document. I can clean it up, but I don't think that will change what I am asking for.

I remember this being something I could not do in the past. I don't think a stacked chart would work in this situation. I don't think it visualizes this well.

I want the symbols to line up with the correct year, not all in the center.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I want the symbols on the correct year. Currently all of them end up on the middle year.

edwin
Master II
Master II

I didnt think that was possible bec the grouping is a visualization of the BARs not really a data point for the line chart.  your line chart can only have one dimension - the first dimension.  however, if you combine both dimensions then you will have all the data points (dimension wise) that you need: