Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question of expression please help

while creating a variable : if i define the variable as below the division is not working

$(Cy_NetRev)/$(Cy_NetUnits)

and if i define as below it is working.

$(Cy_NetRev)

/

$(Cy_NetUnits)

what is the difference between both of them and why one is working and another one not. Thanks for your help in advance

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I dont understand. I just tried creating a variable as $(Cy_NetRev)/$(Cy_NetUnits) and it is working fine.

I'm assuming that  Cy_NetRev and Cy_NetUnits are variables as well. Please check the attachment and let me know what im missing.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Without the definition of those I am just guessing here. In your first example there is no delimiter between the / and the expanded variables. In the second there is. This is affecting the evaluation of the result.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Preethi & Jonathan. After doing some investigation i found that , see below screen shot.. Not sure if this is a general behavior of qlikview.