Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Question on URL_parameters as per Design_blog

Hi,

I have a question on the Design_blog by Alexander Karlsson, but maybe anyone else can help:

- Since most of the users of my apps view them in the Browser, that is just fine and it has a lot of charm since I

don't need to do anything in the targeted app itself.

- I can get the URL to work with the Sheet_ID, so when I open the URL via an action in the mgmt_dashboard,

the targeted app opens with the correct sheet.

<=> I am having trouble with the selections. I need two selections on different fields - either year and month or year and week, mostly.

- I have created two listboxes on the targeted sheet in the targeted app and just made them invisible so they would always be
        there and the IDs would not change, since a new ID is seemingly assigned every time I add a new listbox. (the user makes
        selections in multiboxes, I don't think I can add selections in those to a URL, can I?)

- I have used the syntax given in the blog and attached them both to the URL like
        >>>  ...&sheet=SH19&select=LB01,2014&select=LB02,"July" <<<

However, that does not work - by now I have deactivated the macro I had earlier to avoid confusing interactions, but now no selection whatsoever is made when the URL is triggered and the sheet opens...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I have now chosen a workaround for this: Instead of the syntax for selections, I create a bookmark (static) with the selection of the current year and current week and append that to the URL.

=> That seems to work fine, both selections trigger, but

<=> for some reason, when I select the current week, only the first day is displayed although the dimension (an
        expression from a qvs file) does encompass six days - and when I open that sheet in the client_software, all six
        days are being displayed.

Can anyone give me a hint as to why this is and how I could fix it?

(I have tried removing the selections on the o´pened sheet in the Browser and redoing them, but it's the same - only the first day of the week is being displayed)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler