Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QuickBooks QODBC Driver Hanging

Hello,

I am using the QODBC.com Tools for QuickBooks driver on QV Designer 11.20, SR6.  I setup the QODBC driver (see screen shots 2 & 3).  I am able to query data using the VB Demo 32 utility (see screen shot 4).  However, when I reload the data into QV, the reload hangs (see screen shot 1).  Clicking on "End Here" or "Abort" does not close the reload window.  I need to use Task Manager to shutdown QV because QV does not respond at all. 

Thank you in advance for any help on this issue. 

16 Replies
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Ralf,

You are correct.  Avoid using SELECT * .....

Bradley made the point very clear in his post below. 

Thank you Bradley! 

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Ola,

Server workload is possible.  For example, I was able to reload all of the fields from the Customer table (i.e. SELECT *...).  However, pulling all of the fields from the Invoice table hung up Designer.  So the issue is not consistent.  I typically only load the fields that I need.  However, I was beginning to build the data model and just thought to initially throw in all of the fields before reducing the data model to just the required data.  Going forward, I will be mindful of QODBC limitations.

Not applicable

Alec

Technically the lock-ups are Qlik limitations - QODBC can "select *" for

every table as you can see in our VBDEMO test program and in MS Access. Our

goal is to work as well as possible with any tool our customer wishes to

use. thanks!

brad

Not applicable

Hello Alec, so its obviously putting QODBC limitations into consideration as you have mentioned .Many thanks to you all for the great tips and contribution .

Kind Regards

Ola.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alec,

Could you explain how to script a where clause with QODBC which would help in reducing the data set to just required.

For example I am trying to only load 24 months of data from the SalesOrder table and possibly only the records modified within the last 24h:

SELECT

TxnID,

TimeModified,

CustomerRefListID,

ShipDate 

FROM SalesOrder

WHERE ShipDate >= AddMonths(Today(),-24)

AND TimeModified >= Today()-1 ;

I have tried many options but can't figure it out.

Thanks

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Benoit,

Please try this select statement.  I suspect the Today() call is not passing through the QODBC.  I would recommend simplifying the WHERE clause to a point that you are getting the desired reduced data.

Select * from SalesOrder Where ShipDate >= {d'2014-01-01'}

If the above select statement returns all shipments on or after 0/1/2014 then try adding back the Today() function.

I would also suggest opening a free support case with QODBC at Select a department - Powered by Kayako Resolve Help Desk Software  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Alec.

I actually figured it out on my own and with the help of this forum:

http://www.qdeveloper.com.au/forum.php?homeinclude=forum&forum_id=1

This is what I was looking for:

SELECT *

FROM SalesOrderLine

// records modified in the last 24h

WHERE TimeModified >= {fn TIMESTAMPADD(SQL_TSI_MINUTE, -1440, {fn NOW()})}

// Items shipped within past 24 months

AND ShipDate >= ({fn CURDATE()}-720);