Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quickbooks Advanced Reporting HELP!!

I'm not sure where to start....I am trying to create a Customer Sales Activity Report in QuickBooks Advanced Reporting.  Have no idea what I'm doing really and trying to learn on my own is proving very challenging!  I've managed to get some data into my table but need help getting YTD columns and a 13-week average section on each customers sales. I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue!

Thanks!

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Are you looking for Quickbooks community? This is Qlikview community. May be you want to visit here:

Blog - Intuit Developer Community Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Apparently the QuickBooks advanced reporting is powered or made by Qlikview, so the dimensions, expressions, etc. are similar.  That is why I ask here.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you look into this may be will give some insights in creating such fields.

YTQ, QTD, MTD and WTD

Jeff_Koch
Employee
Employee

Hi Jessica,

Without specific knowledge of the QBAR Data Model I can not give you a precise answer but hopefully this can help you out.

First, check out QuickBooks Advanced Reporting

There are a number of training and tutorial modules.

As referenced by others, you need to look for a field that references a time period flag such as YTD or something similar.   This field can be used inside a syntax structure called set analysis.  This structure would look something like this:   sum({$<YTD={1}>} TransactionAmount)

You would need to substitute the correct field name and value, then use the correct field for the qmount you are trying to sum.

Does intuit not have a help desk?

Regards,

Jeff

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Intuit will not help with Advanced Reporting, they make you find a "ProAdvisor".  In the QuickBooks manual it specifically suggests the Qlikview community for help understanding "syntax" etc. I tried SO many QuickBooks tutorials, but it seemed I just had to find the right field name and finally did!