Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dclark0699
Creator
Creator

Quickest Way To Select Hundreds of Values In a Field

I'm using alternate states and trying to combine the possible key values in two alternate states and select them in a third state.

Show me all the customers that meet criteria set A OR criteria set B essentially.

I've tried using set analysis in combination with CONCAT DISTINCT and the "Select in Field" trigger, but this takes an unreasonable amount of time (4 minutes or so for 1500 values) and explodes the CPU and RAM usage.

I've also tried making them a comma separated list and then using a macro to split them into an array and loop through toggling each option. This takes even longer, though the CPU and RAM remains reasonable.

Is there an option I'm overlooking that would be more efficient than these attempts?

Ultimately I'm trying to combine two separate populations into a clean alternate state with both populations for charts and graphs without  having to use set analysis to combine the states on every chart expression

0 Replies