Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Qvd size 0kb after reload

Dear Team ,

it is surprising to see whay the size of qvd after reload from QMC can down from Mb to 0 KB. ?? No infomation in the log were noticed. Is this an indication of corruption of qvd.?

The extractor.qvw files has a path to store the qvd in the same physical server where qv is installed. It was getting refreshed successfully till yesterday, but how come suddenly failed with 0KB size. 

Appreciate you help at the earliest. 

Rgds,

Sean.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Brett for your response. I could not see any exception in document / script logs to figure out how an incremental script that loaded data earlier to qvd came down from MB's to 0KB. No clue for me. 

Let me close the thread. and will keep checking if it reoccurs. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

HI, looks like it has found an error, even an empty qvd uses some space for metadata.

Have you checked documnt log for possible errors? Also you can try executing it manually or with reduced set of data for debug, maybe t gives you some hints of what's happening.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Sean, were you able to find anything in the Script/Document log related to things not working properly?  Please be sure to circle back to the thread to close things out, or if you are still trying to figure things out, leave an update on what you found in the Script/Document log, as that should show where things went wrong if there was a problem in the load.  The Store function should have kicked an error there too if there was a problem saving the QVD file, so the fact it did save would lead me to believe the issue was potentially in the source area somewhere, we were not able to pull any records from there...

The only other thing of which I can think is Active Scanning utility like Anti-Virus client messing with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Brett for your response. I could not see any exception in document / script logs to figure out how an incremental script that loaded data earlier to qvd came down from MB's to 0KB. No clue for me. 

Let me close the thread. and will keep checking if it reoccurs.