cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Radar chart dimension location

Hi guys,

I have a radar chart with labels. Is it possible to change orientation of labels? Please see below image.

Capture.JPG.jpg

Navigation and Interactivity should be vertically.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

some changes but popup is gone

2.png

View solution in original post

19 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I haven't your data but it should work the same way

RESULT

2014-03-21 23_37_14-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_mgrossi_Desktop_Z.qvw_].png

in sort tab define the order: change Dim1 to your dimension and B C D A to your value (Motivation ,...)

2.png

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can modify the sort order of the Dimension on the Sort tab of the chart properties; to accomplish what you want to do it would require an if statement on the expression input box to sort the values according to some "logic".

However the if statement can be quite a resource consuming calculation so I would order the chart on the script.

Let's say that the Dimension that you are using is called: MyDimension.

At the beginning of the script, you can create an inline table like:

DimOrder:

LOAD * INLINE [

MyDimension

Navigation

Motivation

Interactivity

Content

];

And at the end of the script, you can drop that table:

Drop Table DimOrder;

All that is needed now is uncheck everything on the sort tab of the chart and check the Load Order option. It will order the chart on the same order that the information was loaded (on the first axis Navigation, after that Motivation, after that Interactivity and finally Content).

Easy to do, very light on resources and easy to maintain

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

interesting, but i thought the OP wanted to change the orientation of the labels...i understood as display the label (Navigation, etc.) vertically but not on the veritcal axes.

...i don't think you can change the orientation of the labels the way OP described it but if he meant rearrange the order of the dimensions so that two specific ones are shown on vertical axes, the other two replies here are the way to go.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you want to change label from horizontal to vertical I think isn'tpossible in radar

workaround: in presentation tab add 2 text in chart and change angle (degrees) to meet your requirement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can make sort. I'm limited in size, I need for Navigation and Interactivity to change orientation from horizontal to vertical.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i would use text boxes like Massimo described to achieve your requirement. of course, it will not work if you have any of the four dimensions selected and order is different!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I thought to uncheck labels for dimension and add 4 text objects.

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sorry I didn't understand the question... I can't think of any way of rearranging the labels the way you want to besides the recommendation from Massimo.

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would the same thing as Massimo and you, but of course then the chart needs to be static (a simple {1} with Set Analysis). Otherwise a selection will modify it and the labels wouldn't make sense.