cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ran out of memory

When i tried to reload, i get an error "Ran out of Memory"

I noticed that the as soon as the RAM usage reaches 1 GB on my laptop this error occurs.

What is strange to me is, i have only about 10 lines data in my input file. Being said that i have used the SubField functions quite a few times in my script to transform the data which i think is increasing the number of rows of data, but i dont imagine it become so large that the laptop runs out of memory processing it.

I an running 8 GB RAM on my laptop.

But still its very strange that this is happening, as i know Qlik is capable of handling much more data than this.

Below is the example of the code i mentioned above, i have about 20 of such lines in my script.

trim(SubField(trim([8.1 Which of the following is used for your persistency stress tests?]),'|')) as [8.1],

trim(SubField(trim([8.2. At which level of granularity do you apply your persistency stress tests?]),'|')) as [8.2],

Can someone please help me get around this issue?

If i comment out the lines of code where subfield function is used, the reload goes through without any issues, is there any other way to achieve what i am trying to do?

Basically i have data in one cell separated by "|" which i need to parse it to multiple rows.

PS: I am new to qlikview, i am not sure if i have missed some setting.

1 Reply
vishalarote
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Instead of trim why can't you use directly,

subfield([8.1 Which of the following is used for your persistency stress tests?],' ',1) as [8.1],

subfield([8.2. At which level of granularity do you apply your persistency stress tests?],' ',1) as [8.2]

so in your data find space so u can kept 1st value as [8.1]

similarly [8.2]