Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balrammahato204
Creator
Creator

Random Trigger check and store the File

Hi Team,

I have one scenario to achieve please help.

I have three EDX trigger which are coming randomly and my job is triggering as per EdX trigger. Now i wanted to check if all three triggers are came and then in my script i have to concatenate three tables. These three tables are dependent upon the trigger. Means whenever i am getting the trigger corresponding table is update and same table i am pulling inside my script from the database. 

My challenge is how can i know all three triggers are came and my data concatenation will happen.

from the Trigger timestamp i can identify the which trigger is latest trigger, But at last not able to decide how all trigger is came.

from the below code i am able to identify the trigger is came and corresponding table data is loaded  using corresponding flag, But on completion of all three i have to store the concat QVD and here triggers are not sequential any trigger can come anytime.

Please help or let me know if required more explanation. 

Let A_Trigger= Filetime('............\QVW\A_Trigger.txt');

IF('$(A_Trigger)'>'$(vPrevTrigger )') Then
Let vFlagTime='True';
ELSE
Let vFlagTime='False';

ENDif;

Let vPrevTrigger = '$(A_Trigger)'; 

Let B_Trigger= Filetime('............\QVW\B_Trigger.txt');

IF('$(B_Trigger)'>'$(vPrevTriggerB )') Then
Let vFlagTimeB='True';
ELSE
Let vFlagTimeB='False';

ENDif;

Let vPrevTriggerB = '$(B_Trigger)'; 

Let C_Trigger= Filetime('............\QVW\C_Trigger.txt');

IF('$(C_Trigger)'>'$(vPrevTriggerC )') Then
Let vFlagTimeC='True';
ELSE
Let vFlagTimeC='False';

ENDif;

Let vPrevTrigger C= '$(C_Trigger)'; 

Regards

Balram

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I have is the following:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_SourceDoc...

I am guessing you want to do this in the script though, not through a separate task, if that is the case, someone else will have to chime in, as I am not sure if that is going to be possible or not.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.