Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

RangeAVG rolling on 7 days

Hi there,

I have been looking around (help and community) and could not find the exactly answer I have been looking for. Here is an example of the graph I am trying to achieve in QlikView with a set of data attached to this discussion. Basically, I want 3 moving average (HDOR, LDOR and MD) with a range of 7 days. The number of data point is different between HDOR, LDOR and MD and also change from week to week.  I would love moving away from my macro

Thanks for your help

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. Perhaps this document helps: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Something like this?

Capture.JPG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. Perhaps this document helps: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

Not applicable
Author

This look like it but it is not exactly what I am looking for. In this case the interval of 7 days is fixed and there is only one average per 7 days. I need one average per data entry rolling back 7 days. My goal is to monitor the performance and eventually add alert when we are outside a given threshold. Through the day, new tests are reported and this table will be updated frequently.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I did look at this before posting.  In that example you have one data entry per month, in my case I have multiple entry for each day and that number of entry is not fixed. I did tried a few things but I got confused, probably because I am new to QV functions.

I think in my case it would be easier if I set a fixed interval but ideally using the weekly moving average is much better.

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In that example you have one data entry per month, in my case I have multiple entry for each day and that number of entry is not fixed.

I don't see the problem. Just sum the values and divide the result by seven.