Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

RangeAVG rolling on 7 days

Hi there,

I have been looking around (help and community) and could not find the exactly answer I have been looking for. Here is an example of the graph I am trying to achieve in QlikView with a set of data attached to this discussion. Basically, I want 3 moving average (HDOR, LDOR and MD) with a range of 7 days. The number of data point is different between HDOR, LDOR and MD and also change from week to week.  I would love moving away from my macro

Thanks for your help

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. Perhaps this document helps: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Something like this?

Capture.JPG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. Perhaps this document helps: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

Not applicable
Author

This look like it but it is not exactly what I am looking for. In this case the interval of 7 days is fixed and there is only one average per 7 days. I need one average per data entry rolling back 7 days. My goal is to monitor the performance and eventually add alert when we are outside a given threshold. Through the day, new tests are reported and this table will be updated frequently.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I did look at this before posting.  In that example you have one data entry per month, in my case I have multiple entry for each day and that number of entry is not fixed. I did tried a few things but I got confused, probably because I am new to QV functions.

I think in my case it would be easier if I set a fixed interval but ideally using the weekly moving average is much better.

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In that example you have one data entry per month, in my case I have multiple entry for each day and that number of entry is not fixed.

I don't see the problem. Just sum the values and divide the result by seven.