Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Ranking Scatter Chart on y-axe

Hi All

I want to use the restriction tab to make a top 5 of in scatter chart. but i saw that the restriction works only for the first expression. but i would need to use the filter on the second expression (the y-axe). What can i do?

thanks for your help

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Mark

When you set the "max number" value in the presentation the chart takes the top 10 depending on the sort order defined in the "sort" tab. In a scatter chart, this is the x axis (even though it may say "y-value")

To change this sort order, ensure that the only box checked in the sort tab is the "expression" one and use this to define your sort order, in your case the actual y-expression.

EG

=sum([Order Field])

Let me know if this works!

Regards,

Erica

Not applicable

Hi Mark,

Any luck on this issue ? I am also stuck on the same problem.

Hi Erica,

Can you please elaborate a bit more on the Y-expression in the sort order. I tried adding the expression in my Y axis to the sort order under Expression, followed by setting the dimension limits to display top A values (which works only on the first expression, which unfortunately is the X axis on a scatter chart) but I couldn't figure out the solution. Attached is my sample file.

Not applicable

Same problem here.  Sort order set but Dimension limits still using X axis