Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ranking a secondary dimension (2nd of 3 dims)

I have a straight table consisting of three dimensions: Conference, Division, Team

and some various expressions: Games played, wins, losses, points, etc...

What I'm attempting to do is rank each team by Division, Conference and overall separately. I need this for a higher-level ranking. Ranking by Division and Overall is not a problem -- RANK( [Points] ), RANK( TOTAL [Points] ). Where I run into a problem is ranking by the middle dimension, Conference. Is there a way to use TOTAL<Field> to achieve this? I've tried to think of other solutions, but I must admit that I'm stumped on this one. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm just overlooking, but I appreciate any response that I can get.

Thanks,

-J

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, TOTAL is exactly the right syntax for this solution. The only condition is that the Field is one of the Chart Dimensions.

Alternatively, I suppose you could do something similar using Advance Aggregation function AGGR()

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I actually answered my own question. You are correct with the advanced aggregation, though:

AGGR( RANK(SUM( Schd.Points) ), Divisions.Conference, Schd.Team )

Thanks for the help!

Jeff