Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucastro_123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ranking top 5 column

Hello guys! How are you doing?

So, i have this problem to solve, i hope you guys can help me with.

I have this chart: 

lucastro_123_2-1590541898042.png

Year, Month, Product, Origin and Destination are dimensions. Days to Delivery is an expression that I only get the dimension that I created in the script (attached).

I want to create another chart with the TOP 5 "Days to Delivery" lines. So, in that chart, I would automatically have the top 5 most days to delivery.

I need to have another chart for that and cannot only be the maximum value of 5 in the "presentation" tab, because, later, I will have to expand these top 5 with other dimensions. Therefore I need to have another chart that shows me automatically (because these values can change daily) only the TOP 5 lines (Year, Month, Product, Origin, and Destination) of the "Days to Delivery". It would be like these:

lucastro_123_3-1590542285990.png

I attached the QVW and the Excel file that I used for the dimensions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try using this expression may be

If(Rank(TOTAL [Days to Delivery]) < 6, [Days to Delivery])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Here is your chart:

Top5chart.PNG

You Use the Dimension Limits tab to Restrict to the Largest 5 values and Sum the Days to Delivery in the Expressions tab

lucastro_123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But which dimension should i restrict to the top 5?

I tried limiting all but it didnt work:

lucastro_123_2-1590575396341.png

lucastro_123_3-1590575415132.png

lucastro_123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can i do via some sort of Rank formula? 

Because i will need to add other dimension to these chart later, and then i need that the same products that were the top 5 to remain in the chart, no matter the new result of days that will be shown.

sunny_talwar

Try using this expression may be

If(Rank(TOTAL [Days to Delivery]) < 6, [Days to Delivery])