Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read Sharepoint Excel (xls) from Qlikview

Hi,

I want to load the data from an excel file that resides in sharepoint. I tried

Load * From [http:Sharepointwebaddress/filename.xls] (biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

It is working fine from my local machine. But when i do the same from server machine, it is throwing a msg.

“You are not authorized to view this page  You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser

is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to accept.    Please try the following:    Contact the Web site administrator

if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.  Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.   

HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration. Internet Information Services (IIS) Technical Information (for support personnel)   

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.  Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr),  

and search for topics titled About Security, Authentication,

and About Custom Error Messages.”

What might be the issue? Any suggestions?

Only thing i figured out is, when i open a browser in my machine and browse to sharepoint site, it is showing the data directly. But when i do the same in the server machine, it is asking me the login credentials. What is a good resolution here?

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi did you find a resolution to this issue?  I am having the same exact problem.