Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anuhyak1
Creator
Creator

Read multiple files in a folder and store the id's and get the corresponding family names

I read multiple files in a folder and extract id's of the excels and store in a variable. How to get the family name of corresponding id's. Also, get the matching TID and TName    from other table.

1.  Filename                Sid   Sname      Tid      Tname      NEWFILe                                                      NewFile

ex: 13_22_pt.csv       13       LC               35       LC             35_22_pt.csv                               Rename oldfilename with newfilename

Final Output: 13_22_pt replace with 35_22

4 Replies
avinashelite

Did not get you , could pre pare some sample files and share with us ? so that we could help you on the same 

Anuhyak1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Avinash,

I have multiple files in a folder - Get the first of the file means 13 and store in a variable , I want to get the  fname of the  id (ie. Lithium) and the corresponding Lid, Lname (35, Lithium):  Attached for your reference .Please help how to write in scripting

I/p file :    13_22_pt.csv           0/p file: 35_22_pt.csv

Anuhyak1
Creator
Creator
Author

Any suggestions and thoughts on the request plz.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Anuhyak1 I believe you are going to need to further clarify your use case in order to get further responses on things, as what you have provided is not really enough for folks to be able to offer much help, as I am not really following what it is you wish to do either.  Laying out the use case including your inputs and expected outputs with screenshots if possible, would likely be the most helpful.  If you have a QVW file, attaching that may be helpful too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.